Skip to main content

Something Old Something New

I am not talking about weddings :D

But today is one of those days when I have laughed, I have cried, and I have had many hours of myself which could be good and bad for all those involved in my life.

I love to sew and I have been working on a quilt I have wanted to do for so long.  The Pattern is called Autumn Ablaze from Quilting Celebrations
www.quiltingcelebrations.com.  Its from the Fall 2012 magazine, this will also tell you how long I have been wanting to do this.  See you all should believe me when I tell you this is a year all about me.

So that gives you an Idea of what I have been doing this past week, plus many others more.  I have about 10 projects that I am always working on, I do tend to get bored with just one so when I see something I just jump right in and sew my little heart out.  Maybe one of these days I will actually finish a project without putting it aside for something else... Nah that is to predictable..  

I was taking some time off lately to spend it with my youngest daughters Danielle (13) and Emma (11) we did many things together over the three days off.  I have been teaching both of my daughters how to sew, so I took them to the fabric store (we only have two) Compass Rose and Flying Geese.  They did choose some fat quarters to start out, Emma wants to make a quilt for her doll which is turning out good.  She looked through my stash and found a jackpot of already cut up two inch squares and has been sewing away.  Danielle choose a lot of purples and is planning on making a disappearing 9 patch quilt.  I am not the greatest teacher especially when I have my own projects to complete and a lot of questions to answer... but I did ok, took a few deep, deep breaths and answered as well as I could.  Great news!! we all survived moms three days off..

So onto a busy week with Military Dr's working on my retirement and of course the normal weekly load of mom running everyone everywhere.

Have a great week!! talk with you all very soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning New Things

Today I started on a journey.. Learning new things! I have a habit of not wanting to do things because I am scared because I really have no idea how to do so.  So with that said I have gone on many journey's lately but for right now this is the only one I can talk about. So I started a quilt well over 20 years ago.  One of my most precious friends showed me how to use a sewing machine while I lived in New York and over the last 20 years I have done a few things but have not really taken up sewing until that last few months.   Finished Quilt that took 20 years to finish  Last Mothers Day my family cleared out a room in my home and gave it to me so I can actually use it instead of stowing all my stuff under the stairs like Harry Potter.  So I set my room up and it stayed that way for a long time.  Things got put into it and stored and then it became a mess and then right before the New Year I finished a Crocheted Flag I did for a friend of mine as ...

New Adventures of 2015

So as everyone would know the beginning of the year is all about starting new or over.  I believe it is great to get a fresh start on so many things.  So as my friend Jeanette us to do when I worked with her is she had a board or what she called it things she wanted to achieve or try to do during the year.  So I didn't get as fancy as she did but I did the exact same thing.  I started my own board, I didn't put photos yet (but I will because I love visual) but I wanted to make sure I could see what I expected out of 2015 and so it didn't go away its always in my craft room staring me in the face.  So now when I am down or things are not going my way I can add words or rethink why I'm not getting what I wanted to achieve.  Some of the things I wrote on this board was me.  I want to think about myself this year, I am a mother of four wonderful daughters, but I pour myself into them and then I find I am left with a wasted self and nothing to show for all ...